What is V-Ray for SketchUp?
V-Ray for Sketchup is a 3D rendering tool that works within SketchUp to interactively render your model and create photorealistic CGIs. From beginner to pro, V-Ray for SketchUp has all the tools you need to visualise your projects from start to finish. V-Ray is used comprehensively by architects, landscape designers, exhibition & event designers, product & industrial designers and many more.
Our Access into V-Ray for SketchUp courses provide delegates with an understanding of the fundamental principles of rendering using Chaos Group’s V-Ray for SketchUp.
As industry leaders in the visualisation industry ourselves; Archilime Visualisation‘s very own Head of Operations demonstrates and coaches the most productive methods used to truly master the workspace and add realistic rendering techniques to your still images… just like us. From 2D plans and elevations to 3D objects and interiors; you will soon be able to tap into its potential. We show you how to set up a scene, use and build basic materials and textures, and render optimisation and organising concepts. By the end of the three-day course, you will have the tools to present complex, furnished, detailed and lit CGIs.
To really make the most of this course, we assume a basic level of understanding of how to navigate and model within SketchUp. If delegates require some assistance getting to grips with SketchUp – we encourage aspiring 3D artists to undertake our Access into SketchUp course before moving on to V-Ray!
The training taps into the wealth of knowledge amassed over a combined total of 50 years of experience using V-Ray. Delegates will be introduced to the render engine layout, physical camera settings, texturing, the optimisation approach, basic lighting techniques and much more.
- Intro to the V-Ray for SketchUp User Interface | Welcome to V-Ray. Here we go over the user interface and drop-downs of the engine
- Fundamentals of Virtual Textures | Understanding how textures are broken down into different maps.
- Realism & Application | Exploring material creation and how to wrap these on faces within our SketchUp model.
- Light Sources | Understanding the different types of V-Ray Lights that we can add to our work.
- Lighting Hierarchy | Using observations, how do we structure our lighting in a realistic way?
- Three-Point Lighting Technique | How to create realistic and balanced lighting setups using V-Ray for SketchUp.
- Render Engine | Considering the symbiosis of software and hardware, how do we achieve the ‘best’ result?
- V-Ray Camera | Using a photographic approach, we delve into V-Ray’s virtual camera
- Final Product & Scene Composition | How to compose and export beautiful, high quality CGIs.
- Screen recordings from each session, included within the cost of the course.
- A highly-practical training guide for V-Ray for SketchUp.
- 30-days aftercare. We encourage every delegate to get in touch with questions that arise immediately after the course to give you as much confidence as possible moving forwards.
- An e-certificate confirming successful completion of V-Ray for SketchUp training.
For cancellation advice, please see our FAQ section. For non-UK residents, please get in touch to discuss international transfers before purchasing.